Esta entrada es pura y exclusivamente sobre la aplicación online, que es, basicamente, una detallada lista de tus aptitudes, hobbies, sueños, metas, unicornios, etc. (?)
La aplicación es exclusivamente en ingles. Así que, aceitate el cerebro, abrí una pestaña con www.wordreference.com y entrale al teclado. Tiene que ser entendible. Si podes llegar a un impecable, OBVIO, que es mejor, jaja, pero... como dije antes, nivel intermedio people. Voy a dar un par de ejemplos de mi propio perfil, y les voy a dejar una listita de todo s los campos a llenar.
Les paso esta lista, y en inglés, tal cual está en la aplicación!
Why I want to be an au pair? (una explicación de tus motivaciones para ser au pair)
Letter to future Host Family
- Presentación. Quién sos, de dónde sos, qué edad tenés, qué estudiás.
- Razones por las cuales decidiste hacer el programa (razones culturales, personales, profesionales). Y tus expectativas.
- Experiencias con cuidado de niños (en forma de historias del tipo: Cuidé a una niña llamada X con la cual solíamos divertirnos mucho andando en bici, cocinando juntas y bailando). Darle a la experiencia de cuidados un toque divertido a modo de cuento resaltando las cosas que te gusta hacer mientras cuidás a los chicos.
- Qué esperás compartir con la familia (relacionado con tus tradiciones, costumbres, etc)
- Porqué creés que una familia debería elegirte.
- Saludo final. Muy importante. Despedirse con alguna frase de saludo cordial pero no tan formal. Algo como: Best Wishes o Looking forward to hearing from you and your family.
Esta es mi Host Family Letter... les ruego que no la copien tal cual :P lo mas importante, sean originales, si quieren hagan chistes, sean divertidos y por sobre todo, sinceros.
ADVERTENCIA: mi carta es larguisima, sorry, la pueden saltar si quieren XD
Hello Host Family! As you already know, my name is Magalí, but you can call me Maggie! I am from Buenos Aires, Argentina and I'm 23 years old. I am about to graduate as a Graphic Designer, which I'm really proud of and obviously, my family is too. I am the oldest of two children, my baby sister is Agustina and she is 20 years old (not really a baby). My parents are Leandro and Cecilia, both 47. Them 3 are the most truthful evidence I have to support my abilities as an au pair. Why, you ask? Because they are the most awesome parents anyone could ask for, and they brought me up to be a responsible and caring person. (Yeah, my sister is kind of a parent too, she is way older and wiser than she appears. An old soul, if you will). I wanted to get into this program for a long time now, 4 years to be exact, but I first wanted to have a career. So I have now finished University and I am ready to take on this adventure. I want to be an au pair because I love making others happy, helping people and caring for them. I am also interested in the program because of the experience: to live in a foreign, far away country, far different from my own, speaking a language that I love, meeting wonderful new people and learning their culture. I would love to be part of a new family, because I know how rewarding it can be to love a group of people so unconditionally. And I would love to leave a beautiful memory of your time with me, and for you to think of me as family too. As far as experience goes, I think I'm pretty experienced in the matter. I first started as a nanny at 17, after a year of dating my ex boyfriend, Damian. He has a little brother (Nicolas. I call him Nico) that, at the time, was 4 years old. Their mother worked taking care of older people 12 hours a day, and couldn't take him with her, or take him to kindergarten. My boyfriend did that for her, until he started a new job. So I volunteered. I took him to kindergarten, I went to get him afterwards, I sometimes took him to a park nearby, and I made an afternoon snack for him. His mother didn't really want him watching TV, so I brought him stuff to draw with me, I bought him a lot of colored pencils and markers. Now I'm proud to say, at age 12 that he got half a scholarship in a primary school specialized in art because of his drawings, he is a very talented boy and he is going to grow up to be a talented artist. I am not taking care of him now, he is most of the time at school, but I do go and visit him often. I have since taken care of 4 children, including him: Nico, Lucila, Bruno and Gabriel. In my almost 7 years of taking care of children I have learned one of the most important skills of all: responsibility. I knew from the get-go that it wasn't going to be easy, so I put on my grown up boots, and started taking things seriously. I thought everything twice before doing anything with the children, I always knew where they were and what they needed. Also, I learned how to be patient. Some adults often forget that children need a little bit of time to process and to do things, so I take my time with each of them. And last but not least, I have learned that I can learn FROM them. I don't know if I got lucky, but I have had the pleasure of taking care of the most interesting and intelligent children ever! I laugh with them, I learn with them, I watch cartoons with them, I draw with them. It has truly been an amazing job. Finally, I have to stop writing, so you won't get tired of me rambling on! I just want to say one more thing, and I hope this will convince you to at least have a chat with me: I bring something else to the table. I am a Graphic Designer, and that means I'm extremely creative. And I plan to use this skill to take care of your children, to help them when they are stuck in an assignment and to entertain them when they are bored, to assist them in winning an election as class president with awesome posters and pins, or to help them through rough times. I am honestly thrilled to be doing this, and I can wait to meet you! I look forward to hearing from you! Love, Maggie.
Hobbies
Personal Info
Family Information (tu familia)
Life at Home (como es la vida en tu casa, como te llevas con tu familia, tareas del hogar, etc)
My Lifestyle
Qualifications
-Driving
-Swimming
-Education
Work Experience
Todo esto es puro texto. Escribir, escribir, escribir. Cada una de estas categorías tiene varios campos para llenar. Yo estuve, por lo menos, Hora, hora y media llenando espacios. Te recomiendan que seas lo mas explícito posible.
Después de esto tenes que llenar tu album. Minimo 18 fotos, máximo 20. Estas deben ser con niños, jugando, haciendo manualidades, dandoles de comer, etc. Yo tengo muchas con ellos dibujando, haciendo caras locas. Muy cute. :)
Una vez que tenes todo completito le das a Send Application (o algo por el estilo). Tu aplicación va a ser corregida tanto por la gente que te asesora acá en Argentina (o dónde sea que vivas), y luego en los headquarters en Estados Unidos. Una vez aprobado, lo suben online y estas listo para ser elegido o "matcheado". Para mi tomo 1 díá en que la subieran.
Cuando ya estas online te da la posibilidad de subir un video. Lo cual recomiendo mucho...
Yo edite el mio con iMovie, que es super facil de usar. Pero los usuarios de windows pueden usar su equivalente Movie Maker. Los dos son faciles de usar.
Este es mi video, no se rían mucho...
yyy... esta fue la aplicación!
Espero que les sea fácil completarla.
Si necesitan ayuda, comenten.
Saludos!
Maga.
No comments:
Post a Comment